The new CZECH and SLOVAKIAN Shop is online!

Good NEWS: from now on our exclusiv distributor for the Czech Rebuplic and Slovakia David Fort, has opened the new IMPERIAL BAITS ONLINESHOP!

Retailers and Fisherman: feel free to contact David to get in contact with Imperial Baits products:
IB Exclusive Distribution / Wholesale

David Fořt
Pod Mezí 326
CZ – 25066 Zdiby-Brnky
Mobil: +420 603 181 500
E-Mail: davidfort@carpfishing.cz

Obchod Online v češtině:

Onlineshop 640

Part 2: Carpfishing at a building site
from Nejc Prsa

Some of you may remember my first article in german language, you find it here! I talked about the gravel pit I mainly fish this year and in that same article I also shared my feelings after success of catching the first big one at that water. After that catch I absolutely fell in love with the water. Not a day goes without thinking about my gravel pit and breath-taking carp in it. After a short break from fishing, because of study duties I decided it is time to go back and try to »nick« another carp or two.
This time I decided to use ready made Carptrack Birdfood Banana Boilies and without a doubt I can say, that they did the superior job!

Big Bertha – as I named it!

I arrived on the water in the afternoon, just in right time to position my rigs on the spots and get everything ready for the night. I decided to fish the same spots as last few times. Because I already know those spots from my head, I don’t use a sonar. All what I used was just a simple proding stick.

I can not even imagine my fishing without the smallest iBoat in range – the iBoat 160

In relatively short time, everything was packed out and ready for the night time action.


My fishing buddy! 🙂

The rigs I was using were very simple. At one rod I used Carptrack Birdfood Banana boilies in combination with fake sweetcorn and on the other rod in combination with Imperial Baits pink V-Pop.

Simple, but effective!

And on the third rod I used pop up presentation in hinged stiff rig style, with Imperial Baits yellow V-Pop. The Pop Up was boosted with just a little bit of IB Banana flavour and NHDC, to add a little sweetness and attraction to it. And it seems like it worked!

When the night came I started to hear carp jumping and rolling all over the part of water where I was fishing. I knew that is a good sign and I got that good feeling in my bones. Just after half past ten I get a short pip on my middle rod. I decided to go out and check what is going on and I did not even open the doors of my tent, when the Delkim begins to scream loudly. I ran out pick the rod up and in the same moment I feel the weight on the other side of line! In that moment I knew that is a fish I do not want to lose, I knew that I am attached to an serious carp! Slowly, meter by meter the fish came closer to the bank. Not long after I saw the colossal carp the first time. I begin to shake! In that moment I realised what I have on the other side of line! Fortunatelly I managed to get the fish in the net a few moments later and I was just amazed! Such a caracter!

I put him on the scales and it went up to 22,7kg!
For god sake, what a start I tought! What a carp!

In the morning the noise of trucks behind my bivvy woke me up and I knew that it was time to call my friend to capture the big one, which was waiting in the carpsack.

When I put the fish on the mat, we were just staring for a few moments and then the friend told me: »Even if you won’t catch nothing more in this session, you must be happy and proud on yourself to catch such a carp on that hard water!« I realised that he was right, the carp in front of me was just superior!


The Carpkiss 🙂

Traffic jam just behind my bivvy!

Big Bertha is hungry 😉

I was pre-soaking my baits. I put them in the bucket of water and soak them, to make them work faster and more effective just after I throw them in the water.

Boilies after 5 minutes in the water…

…and after a few hours!

I spent the day playing with my four-foot friend and enjoying the spring sun.

Best friends!

Hours were running quickly and the evening arrived. I jumped in the boat and placed my rigs new.

Rigs are on the position, what will bring the night?

I was hopeful for the night so I stayed up late, waiting for a run, but nothing happened. I fall asleep, but fortunatelly my Delkim wake me up just before 5am in the morning. This time my left hand rod went off. After a mean fight from the boat I landed a beautiful common!

The fighting machine was beaten!

After that fish I stayed at the water one more night, but nothing happened. Water level was dropping very quickly because of the rising river just 50 meters away. In the morning, I packed everything up and it was time to go home!

Good bye, till the next time my love!
Nejc Prša
Team Imperial Fishing Slovenia

Kommentiere den Artikel

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here